6.15.2009

Aisy = haha, I'm still awake!!! Mikey = I have done wrong, I'll repent now.
I love that my kids are best friends, most of the time. When it is 10:30 at night and they were put to bed at 8:00 pm and I come in to find them still awake and playing, I wish they didn't have so much fun together...or maybe I just wish we had 3 bedrooms. To get them to sleep, I have told them there is a troll in the basement and the first one who talks will have to go sleep with the troll. This is sure to cause some type of psychological issues for them in the future - but for now, it is the ticket to peace and quiet at bedtime.

I need to post my favorite story that perfectly depicts my children's personalities - before I forget it amongst the case law. This happened in my parent's stairway in Utah. Mikey and Aislynn are walking quietly down the stairs and I hear Mikey say, "Shhh I hear the monster we have to zip our lips and lock them!"

So they both do accordingly and take a couple more quiet steps. Then, Mikey turns to Aislynn who is one step behind him and says, "I will go down first to see if there is a monster because I'm braver." He gets about 3 steps down before Aislynn barrels after him in an outrage.

She looks right in his face and yells, "Let me tell something to you" - pause - "I'm braver too and I can do the monster if I want!"

Always calm Mikey turns to her and says, "Sis, I am a gentleman, I will go first to make sure there is no monster." And yet, Aislynn is still furious and jaded - "I can do the monster if I want!" Then she rushes down the rest of the stairs.

Gentlemen and Players beware. Headstrong Princess on the loose. As for the ladies, snatch up this sweet and cuddly guy while you can...or his mom just might keep him forever.

1 comment:

Turley Family said...

I can't believe you guys are moving again! I think i would live out of boxes if i moved as much as ya all!

your kids are so cute, i love the pics from you guys out in ut!

ps i so impressed you can fit in what you wore to your high school grad!