9.18.2008

To The Dentist


Maybe I am just a little behind, because this is the first time I have taken my kids to the dentist. I remember going to a fun dentist in Utah that was specifically for kids, so I tried to find a good one for the kids that would be similarly enjoyable...as enjoyable as possible when at a dentist.

SO - boy did I do a good job. The waiting room had video games all along the wall, plasma screens playing kid DVDs and toys toys toys! Then, when they call you back, they had Aisy and Mikey get their pictures taken of their big smiles. After that they take them to the colorful chairs, and of course the aids are all wearing fun character scrubs. We practiced all month with me being the "dentist" and having them say "AHHHH" and I would check out their teeth and help them brush. But, before the lay down and open wide, they showed the kids all the tools they would be using and what those tools did, then they showed them the new toothbrush, toothbrush cover, flosser, and little timer, then they got to choose their flavor and now it was time to clean those teeth!!


They lay the seat back and there is a movie screen above each seat and the kids have headphones to listen to the movie. I sat by Aisy to help her stay calm and they both did so well with the cleaning.

Then Dr. Wade came to see them and drew a little kite and wrote "Good Job" on the pictures that were taken earlier and had them lay back again and he counted their teeth and told them they did such a great job and then said they could both have 2 prizes from the prize box. One because God made only 1 of them and another for being so happy!


Wow, a christian doctor, praise the lord! (as my brother jeff would say) I really was so happy with my choice and the kids are excited to go back, can't ask for much more than that.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Louk's first dentist appointment is next month. I hope we have as good experience as Mikey and Aisy. ...Any cavities? I am so scared Louk is going to have one.

Ashley said...

Louk's first dentist appointment is next month. I hope we have as good experience as Mikey and Aisy. ...Any cavities? I am so scared Louk is going to have one.