10.07.2008

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

The Annual Flag Football Tournament
for Drake Law School Students was the last Saturday in September. The rule is that only law school students and their significant others can play. It is 8 on 8 and single elimination. Here's our team below, made up of most of my best law school friends and 2 spouses.

Back Row: Chris (spouse of Cholla), Cullin, Matt Sease, Justin (my spouse), and Craig
Middle Row: Miguel, Stephanie, and Matt Kaufman
Bottom Row: Wendy & Aisy, Chris, Natasha, Cholla, Megan & Mikey, Rick

Since Rick doesn't generally like playing football, he was kind enough to watch Mikey and Aisy during the games. They love him and he is soooo much fun it is probably a let down to have to go home with mom and dad and not uncle Rick.

We had shirts made for the game. Our team name was Bills of Attainder. It's a legal term that we were tested on last year even though nobody had it in their notes and I think the teacher may have mentioned it once, MAYBE. We each came up with our own "Bill" name. I was Bill Mama, Justin was Bill Doe, there was an Un-BILL-ievable, Farmer Bill and others that were pretty great. We had lots of fun together, which was good since it lasted from 9AM - 3PM and it was a HOT HOT day.

Justin was the star quarterback. You can see me on the far side of the line with the awesome green knee socks that game me a really nice tan line. I also have some sweet sticky reciever gloves on, even though I only got one pass and I didn't complete it! ooops, let's just say I'm better on defense. We won our first two games. The second one was intense and there were some questionable calls by the Refs. But we won by a point. In the championship game against last year's reigning champs, we killed them mostly because Justin had an amazing pass to Craig that was almost the entire length of the field and Chris Kemp had a great run back for a touchdown. SOOO, moral of the story, it's nice to have fun, but it's always MORE fun when you WIN!


2 comments:

Ashley said...

QB... naturally. Bret Favre's long lost brother. Looks like fun. Congrats on the win!

Stacy said...

Wow... it seemed like you guys were in Waterloo and then... BAM you left! I think that Ed was your home teacher for a while.

I still remember that video montage that you made and showed to us sisters... I don't know if there was a dry eye in sight. Was it the announcement of your daughter that you guys sent out?

It looks like you are doing well! I can't believe how old your kids are! Too cute!